POSTCARDS FROM OBAN SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Sweepstakes Period : Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on April 13, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on September 2, 2021.
2. How to Enter: There is one (1) way to enter this sweepstakes.
A. Go to www.obanabode.obanwhisky.com ("Website") verify your age and provide your state.
B. Complete the entry form with all required information including your name, date of birth, state, zip code, telephone number and e-mail address and follow the on-screen instructions.
Internet access and valid e-mail address are required to enter the Sweepstakes. If utilizing the mobile version of the Website, wireless Internet access and/or other fees may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to enter via mobile website. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas.
All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 2, 2021. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will automatically result in disqualification. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged by Sponsor, but any such acknowledgment is not binding other than indicating that entry has been received. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. The prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the e-mail address indicated on entry form.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect the ability of a Website (or mobile Website) visitor to enter on-line; or the ability of the Sponsor to notify the winners. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, garbled, corrupted, jumbled, inaccessible, incomplete, incorrect entries or other Sweepstakes materials, all of which are void. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Entrants' personal information will only be used for purposes of Sweepstakes administration unless an entrant expressly consents beforehand in writing to such other use by Sponsor. For more information, please review Diageo's Privacy & Cookie Notice at https://footer.diageohorizon.com/dfs/assets/www.obanwhisky.com/PrivacyPolicy_uen.html?locale=uen-us and Diageo's Conditions of Use at https://footer.diageohorizon.com/dfs/assets/www.obanwhisky.com/TnC_uen.html?locale=uen-us .
In the event of any discrepancy between the privacy and cookie notice and these Official Rules, the privacy cookie and notice shall control and govern; in the event of any discrepancy between the conditions of use and these Official Rules, the conditions of use shall control and govern.
3. Prize: TWO (2) Grand Prize winners will be awarded a trip to Oban, Scotland. Grand Prize Winners will receive a trip for him/herself and one (1) guest (who must be 21 or older). Trip is for six (6) days, five (5) nights, including: roundtrip coach air travel from international airport nearest winner's residence to Glasgow or Edinburgh (departure and destination airports are of Sponsor's sole choosing); and standard, double occupancy accommodations for winner and guest for five (5) nights at a hotel of Sponsor's sole choosing in Oban; tour of the Oban Distillery for winner and guest; ground transportation between Glasgow (or Edinburgh) airport and Oban. Alcohol beverages are not part of the prize. Trip itinerary (including flights and hotel accommodations) will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Grand Prize trip is subject to availability and other restrictions, including additional travel requirements due to COVID-19/Coronavirus (see below). Unless Sponsor agrees to extend travel deadlines as discussed below, the trip must be taken by December 31, 2021 or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor's sole discretion. Winner will select from several travel dates provided by Sponsor, with the understanding that (a) winner may not receive his/her first choice of travel date and (b) if none of the proposed travel dates is acceptable to winner, prize may be forfeited.
Sponsor may - but is in no way obligated to - allow winners to extend the travel dates until no later than December 15, 2022, subject to the following conditions: (a) such travel extension is offered subject to availability, blackout dates and other restrictions; (b) the revised travel dates are subject to approval by Sponsor in its sole discretion and, as such, winner may not receive his/her first choice of revised travel date; (c) no compensation or additional prizing of any kind will be awarded in conjunction with Sponsor allowing prize travel on such revised dates; (d) all restrictions concerning travel by December 31, 2021 apply to prize travel on such revised dates, to the extent applicable and (e) should Sponsor elect not to extend travel dates for any reason (or if winner is not available on any revised travel dates as proposed by Sponsor), prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall not have any liability or obligation of any kind to winner under any legal theory.
SPECIAL CAUTION: COVID-19: Each Grand Prize winner and his/her guest understand and agree that travel is inherently dangerous due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus epidemic/pandemic which is a highly contagious and communicable disease for which a vaccine currently is not readily available throughout the United States; and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, each assumes any and all risks of illness or injury which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from prize travel. Without limitation, Grand Prize winner and guest each expressly acknowledge that, notwithstanding the safety precautions taken by air carrier, hotel property, and other providers of travel-related services, it is possible that he/she may still contract COVID-19/Coronavirus and/or infect others even if he/she is asymptomatic. Additionally, Grand Prize winner/guest understand and agree that, in response to economic and/or social conditions engendered by COVID-19/Coronavirus, Sponsor may be compelled to modify, postpone or even cancel outright the Trip perhaps with little (if any) advanced notice; and, in such case, Sponsor's liability to winner will not exceed the value of the prize (as set forth below), with Sponsor having no liability to guest. (For clarity, modification/postponement/cancellation of trip due to COVID-19/Coronavirus is entirely independent of Sponsor's unilateral decision to extend travel dates as per the immediately preceding paragraph and will be clearly designated as such.)
Grand Prize Winner and guest further understand and agree that Sponsor has not obtained any travel or other insurance for them relative to the Trip. In all cases, Grand Prize winner and guest indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor from any and all liability which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Trip.
Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner (including following all private guidance and governmental mandates intended and designed to prevent contracting and/or spreading COVID-19/Coronavirus; such as, maintaining social distancing, quarantines, mask-wearing and testing for the virus); and, should winner and/or guest fail to do so, Grand Prize may be immediately terminated and the Sponsor may pursue other legal sanctions against the winner and/or guest.
If Grand Prize winner chooses to travel without a guest, Grand Prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for a single traveler (i.e., the winner him/herself) and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded and, accordingly, the Grand Prize value will be less than the amount indicated below.
Valid travel documents (including passport) are required for international travel and are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner and guest. Any and all unspecified expenses incurred in conjunction with prize travel (meals, souvenirs and other incidentals) are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner and guest. Prize must be accepted as set forth above; if any element of prize is unclaimed or unused by winner, such prize element will be forfeited.
All costs/expenses not specified in these Official Rules with respect to the Grand Prize are the Grand Prize winner's sole responsibility. In accepting Grand Prize, winner understands and agrees that trip to Scotland involves overseas travel; and, should winner choose to decline the Grand Prize due to health concerns or for any other reason, the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and he/she will not receive any compensation or alternate prize of any kind.
Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize is $4,200.00. Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes is $8,400.00. Retail value of Grand Prize may vary depending on point of departure and other factors.
4. Winner Determination :
Winners will be determined via random drawing on or about September 7, 2021. Random drawing will be conducted by Judges, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about September 9, 2021 (method[s] of notification is of Sponsor' s sole determination.)
Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) within three (3) days of notification (or such shorter amount of time that Sponsor may designate) or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor's sole discretion (time permitting, assuming that Sponsor elects not to extend travel dates as per Rule 3 above). If Grand Prize winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within three (3) days (or such shorter amount of time that Sponsor may designate at time of notification), prize will automatically be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion (again, time permitting, if applicable). Guest of Grand Prize winner must sign and return a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) within three (3) days of notification of Grand Prize winner (or such shorter amount of time that Sponsor may designate at time of winner notification). If guest fails to do so, he/she will not be permitted to accompany the Grand Prize winner on the Trip and Sponsor in its sole discretion may allow winner to select another person as the replacement guest (time permitting [as applicable] and contingent upon such replacement guest being 21 years of age or older and signing/returning a Liability Release and a Publicity Release [where lawful].) If Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that sufficient time does not remain prior to the Trip for selection and verification of replacement guest, Grand Prize winner must accept the prize without a guest; and, winner will not receive any additional prize or compensation in conjunction therewith.
Winners and their guests agree that an electronic signature/affirmation or facsimile version of the Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) or Liability Release and Publicity Release (where lawful), as applicable, shall have the same legal force and effect as a hand-signed document. Notwithstanding the foregoing, should Sponsor determine in its sole discretion that the electronically signed/affirmed/facsimile version of the Affidavit/Release (for winner) or Release (for guest) is not acceptable, Sponsor may condition award of prize or accompanying Grand Prize winner on the Trip on return of the actual hand-signed document.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner's consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
Prize information will be provided to winner upon proof of eligibility. Winner must furnish valid proof of age (for example, a driver's license, birth certificate or passport). An Affidavit/Release must be provided to Judges before prize can be received. No prize will be awarded unless the Affidavit/Release has been received by Judges.
5. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S residents who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Diageo Americas, Inc. and its affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies (including Judges), alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
6. General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant's full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit of one (1) prize per family, household or address. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are winner's sole responsibility. By accepting prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. It is the winner's sole responsibility to arrange transportation to and from the international airport nearest winner's residence; and winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of Grand Prize winner and his/her guest. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify Grand Prize winner and his/her guest based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor as well as Facebook, Inc./Instagram harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above and/or participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of the prize awarded (including any travel or activity related thereto), including but not limited to any injury/damage/loss arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from exposure to COVID-19/Coronavirus. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZE (OR PRIZE ELEMENT THEREOF), INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR THE INTENDED PURPOSE. THE ONLY WARRANTIES - IF ANY - ARE OF THOSE OF THE ENTITY SUPPLYING THE APPLICABLE GOOD/SERVICE WHICH IS PART OF THE PRIZE.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the sweepstakes may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
In consideration of his/her receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guest, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor and all related parties, as well as Facebook, Inc./Instagram against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, prize winner's participation in the Sweepstakes; prize winner's Sweepstakes entry; use of prize winner's name, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner's receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim, including but not limited to any injury/damage/loss arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from exposure to COVID-19/Coronavirus.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate this promotion, or any part thereof, at any time, for any reason, without notice or further obligation.
7. Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, online entries (including entries made on mobile Website) will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, or incomplete entries; corrupted, jumbled, interrupted, irregular or defective entries or entries not received or properly recorded due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor and its agencies are also not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by users or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE/MOBILE WEBSITE, UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR SEEK TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR JUDGES IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Winners' List: For winners' list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to DIA2554618W Postcards From Oban Sweepstakes P.O. Box 1008, Rocky Hill, CT 06067-1008. All requests for the winners' list must be postmarked by October 1, 2021 and received by October 15, 2021.
Sponsor: Diageo Americas, Inc., New York, NY.
OBAN Single Malt Scotch Whisky. 43% Alc/Vol. Imported by Diageo, New York, NY.
Please Drink Responsibly.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.